The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) and World Resources Institute (WRI) are thrilled to host the following event:
Two Degrees Initiative for Food and Agriculture:
Stakeholder voices and global R4D topics
Thursday, 10th December 2020 | 14:00 – 15:00 CET
A recording of this event will be submitted as a side event to the Climate Adaptation Summit, to be streamed on or around 25 January 2021.
- Mark Cackler - Manager, Agriculture and Food Security, World Bank
- Marco Ferroni - Chair, CGIAR System Board
- Andrew Steer - President and CEO, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Rebecca Carter - Deputy Director, Climate Resilience Practice (WRI)
- Bruce Campbell - Director, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
- Ana María Loboguerrero Rodríguez - Head of Global Policy Research, CCAFS
- Inga Jacobs-Mata - Country Representative - South Africa, International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Daniel van Gilst - Senior Agriculture Adviser, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD)
- Sebastián Pedraza - Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD)
More speakers to be confirmed....
About the ‘Two Degree Initiative’ (2DI)
The ‘Two Degree Initiative’ (2DI) is a coalition of hundreds of like-minded partner organizations from around the world. They are brought together with a single unifying vision – to transform the global food system for a climate-smart future.
2DI’s ambition is to reach 200 million farmers through ten participating Regional Challenges that include projects in low- and middle-income countries. It organizes its projects around a set of themes that align with a rigorous theory of change developed by CCAFS.
In this event, WRI will present the preliminary findings of a forthcoming report that summarizes the key outcomes of the 2DI Listening Sessions.
These findings will inform the reflections from our panelists and viewers at home, who are encouraged to ask questions through live Q&A apps made available on the day.
Together, CCAFS, WRI and all 2DI partners hope to chart a roadmap for future engagement opportunities, explore ways to raise awareness of the coalition's objectives and encourage more partners to join the coalition.
Register via this form. Registrations are sadly limited, so if you are unable to fill out the Google form highlighted in the registration link, we kindly invite you to watch the event via livestream on the CCAFS YouTube Channel, where you can also set a reminder for the event start time.