CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
– RURAL COMMUNITY OPIOID OUTREACH PROGRAM –
This expression of interest will remain open until 7 May 2018, 11:59pm MDT.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
The Alberta Rural Development Network (ARDN) is currently accepting applications for funding from organizations and municipalities outside the seven major cities in Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Grande Prairie, Medicine Hat, Fort McMurray) who are interested in obtaining financial assistance to conduct activities specific to raising awareness and providing resources about opioids (fentanyl, oxycodone, heroin, etc.) and the opioid crisis. The Rural Community Opioid Outreach Program (RCOOP) will provide rural communities throughout Alberta with funding and support for local, community-driven opioid public awareness and education outreach.
Communities can apply for up to $5,000 in funding. While other projects may be considered, priority will be given to projects that:
- Educate local community residents about opioids such as fentanyl, opioid overdose symptoms, and how best to assist people who have overdosed in local contexts (ie. if emergency services may not be immediately available)
- Target groups that are over-represented in opioid morbidity and mortality (such as Indigenous peoples, men aged 25-39, women aged 40-59, etc.)
- Conduct at least one public education session in their local community or region
- Focus on reducing stigma and promoting harm reduction practices
- Incorporate individuals with lived experience into community outreach sessions
- Demonstrates access to other cash and/or in-kind support for project activities
- Demonstrates collaborative work or partnerships with other local or regional service agencies (ie. through letters of support, etc.)
ARDN staff will provide support to your organization with setting up and advertising community sessions as well as developing educational materials.
Applications must be sent via e-mail to Julia Juco, Program Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Attention: RCOOP Submission – [your organization’s name]” no later than 11:59 pm Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) on 7 May 2018. Please use a read receipt to verify that your e-mail has been received. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon receipt of an application.
Projects utilizing this funding can start as soon as an agreement with ARDN is signed. Projects MUST be completed no later than March 31, 2019, but can be of any duration within that period (ie. 3 months, 6 months, etc.)
To discuss your project idea or for more information, please contact Julia Juco (Program Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-880-8022 (please call only between 9 am to 5 pm weekdays).
Please read the full expression of interest and application form (below) before submitting an application.
FULL APPLICATION FORM: