Strategic Land and Resource Planning in British Columbia
Policies and Guides
These documents provide current policy and guidance for managing and undertaking various SLRP activities:
- Synopsis of the New Direction (PDF)
- New Direction for Strategic Land Use Planning in BC - Initiating Planning Projects and Developing a Business Case: Policies and Procedures(PDF Dec 2007)
- New Direction for Strategic Land Use Planning in BC - Amending Strategic Land and Resource Plans: Policy and Procedures (PDF Dec 2007)
- Land Use Objectives Regulation: Policies and Procedures (PDF Feb 2008)
- Guidelines For Socio-Economic And Environmental Assessment (SEEA): Land Use Planning and Resource Management Planning (PDF March 2007)
- Links to Archived SLRP Policies and Guides that are no longer a BC government standard but many of the principles and operational activities are still relevant in today’s SLRP context.
Land Use Plans
North Area: Skeena Region, Omineca Region, Northeast Region, Oil and Gas Activities Act Planning
South Area: Cariboo Region, Thompson Okanagan Region, Kootenay Boundary Region
Coast Area: South Coast Region, West Coast Region, Coastal Marine Plans, Marine Planning Partnership for the North Pacific Coast (MaPP)
Spatial Data Management
These documents provide useful information for data users regarding the characteristics of spatial data, how it is used, and how it will be managed
- Quick Reference Guide – “Tips and Tricks”
- How to Use Legal Objectives and Planning Features
- Which SLRP Layers to Use – Metadata and Distribution
- Data Use Agreement for External OGMA Data Users
- Geospatial Data Access
Socio-Economic and Environmental Assessment (SEEA) Reports
Socio-Economic and Environmental Assessments (SEEA) provide an evaluation of the social, economic and environmental implications of an alternative land use scenario(s), compared with the base case scenario. SEEAs have mainly been conducted to support decisions regarding Strategic Land and Resource Plans (SLRPs), but they may also be conducted for other processes involving land and resource use and allocation.
Plan Related Legal Direction
This page supports the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations obligation to provide adequate opportunity for public and stakeholder review and comment of all proposed non-urgent Land Use Objectives (LUOs) under the Land Use Objectives Regulation. Proposed LUO orders and supporting materials will be provided on this page for the entire advertising period.
Land Use Legal Direction Index
Provincial direction respecting the use of Crown land and development of related natural resources are governed by both legal orders established through legislation and regulation and policy guidance delivered through specific government and ministry strategies and on a cross-sector basis through land use planning and related initiatives.