2013 Alberta Soil Science Workshop - Futursol: A New World Order
The 2013 Alberta Soil Science Workshop was held from February 19-21 in Lethbridge. This year's theme was:
Over the course of three days, participants heard from keynote speakers, plenary speakers and poster sessions related to what's happening in Alberta related to soil - from agriculture to forestry to land reclamation.
The Alberta Land-use Knowledge Network was pleased to record many of the sessions from ASSW 2013.
- Dr. Ross McKenzie - Soil science in Alberta - History and direction Part One and Part Two
- Dr. Dan Pennock - Soil science needs to get dirtier Part One and Part Two
- Dr. William McGill - Quo Vadis: The living soil and society Part One and Part Two
- Rob Dunn - Southeast Alberta conservation offset pilot View Video
- Dr. Eric Bremer - Ion dynamics on synthetic resin membranes (PRSTM Probes) View video
- Dr. Roland Kroebel - HOLOS - A GHG calculator growing up View video
- Dr. Francis Larney - Comparing soil and crop management in Kazakhstan & Alberta View video
- Sascha Bachmann - Forest floor protection in the reclamation of temporary drilling pads View video
- Mark Baah-Acheamfour - Soil carbon pools in 3 agroforestry systems in Alberta View video
- Gerald Ontkean - Overview of land classification for irrigation in Alberta View video
- Amanda Schoonmaker - Preliminary study: Forest soil development following industrial disturbances, NW Alberta. View video
- Jason House - Water stress reduced lodgepole pine growth in reclaimed oilsands stands View video
- Becky Doherty - Reclamation monitoring: Eye in the sky View video
- Dr. Jim Miller - Evaluation of BMPs on the Lower Little Bow River View video
Check back for more videos to be added to our site.